The Plateau Club maintains two tennis courts and a tennis ball machine, available year-round, for the enjoyment of our members. Group and individual tennis lessons are offered for members of all ages and abilities from our tennis professionals.
Tennis Court Reservations
The combination of an open court system and reservation system is used here at The Plateau Club.
Reservations may be made up to 7 days in advance. Family members older than the age of 16 are allowed to reserve one court per week. Reservations made the day of play will not count against your weekly reservation limit. A waiting list is available for each reservation time. To make reservations, please call the Recreation Center during normal business hours.
- Cancellations of tennis reservations are required. Walk on times will be accepted if there are no reservations.
- All players need to check in at the recreation reception desk prior to scheduled court time. All regular guest fees apply.
- Court times will be limited to one hour. There is a 15-minute grace period when checking in for court reservations. If you do not arrive during the 15-minute grace period the court will be released for open use waiting list reservations.
- Adults have priority between 5:00pm and 8:00pm weekly
- Junior members not accompanied by an adult must yield their court time.
- During the peak season, lessons and clinics will have reservation priority. Tennis courts shall be used for the sole purpose of playing tennis.
- No skateboards, roller blades, bikes, etc. are permitted.
- For more information, please contact the Recreation Center at (425) 868-2139 or email email@example.com
Meet Mike Salokas, Tennis Director at The Plateau Club
- Liberty High School Varsity Coach for over 8 years
- Nominated & selected KingCo 3A Coach of the Year
- Current USTA player rating of 4.0
- Over 6 years experienced managing & leading summer tennis camps & conducting tennis workshops
- Authored an article appearing in Issaquah Press, Josephson Institute of Ethics and Washington Athletic Director’s Journal regarding sportsmanship & team building through competitive cooperation.
- Coached Jenny Adams who in June of 2014 finished 4th in State Finals and who attends Whitworth College where she is on the Tennis Team.
Mike’s experience coaching competitive high school athletes, knowing the mechanics of a good tennis swing, and having the patience to work with both children and adults makes him the ideal coach for all players of any skill level. Mike helps his students learn and/or improve their tennis games regardless of their current skill level. He also empowers each player with the knowledge and playing experience while encouraging learning and “keeping it fun.”
Congratulations to Coach Mike and his Liberty High School team who won the 2018 State Championship.
For more information, please contact the Recreation Center at (425) 868-2139 or email firstname.lastname@example.org